Hot and Cold Spicy Butternut Soup

I've made this soup several times now and, if I dare say so myself, I think it's rather good. I developed this recipe myself. It's super spicy, so I would definitely recommend eating it with lots of plain yogourt and bread. This soup is equally nice hot or cold.

Brown
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp Madras curry paste
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp black pepper

Add
1 large butternut squash (about 2lb)
3 carrots (medium)
1 large sweet  potato (about 1 lb)
1 orange or red bell pepper
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1/2 jalapeno pepper (diced, seeds removed)
8 cups broth

Simmer for about 45 minutes until everything is tender
Puree until smooth


makes about 8 servings

Nutrition

Calories: 167
Fat: 4 g
Cholestorol: 0 mg
Sodium: 989 mg
Potassium: 873 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fibre: 6 g
Protein: 4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 325%
Vitamin C: 120%
Calcium: 11%
Iron: 9%

No comments:

Post a Comment