Chana Saag Curry with Zucchini

I'm back! Of course, I have been cooking within the past month though I've been a bit busy to post. Anyways, most of what I've been eating of late have been the standard pasta, miso soup, stir-fry, smoothies, and eggs that I always make.

After class, I was desperately trying to find something for lunch as well as a way to use the zucchini that I had bought last week. I don't understand why zucchini isn't a more common addition to curries such as saags. The flavour blends right in with the spinach, but the texture of the zucchini just helps lend a lovely smoothness and a good helping of vitamin C.
As you might be able to tell, chana saag curries are one of my favourite types of curry and I'm enjoying playing around with adding various other vegetables. I'd wanted to add an eggplant as well to this batch, but unfortunately my eggplant had turned off on the inside.

I think I prefer this recipe over my last one, but both are lovely as comfort food and rather filling. These past few weeks have been filled with assignments/ presentations and the weather's been getting rather cold, so some warm vegetable curry with a steaming cup of ginger pu'erh or chai are just what I'd been wanting to curl up with at the end of a day of classes.


2 medium zucchini, diced
1 packet of frozen chopped spinach (approx. 300g)
1 large onion, diced
1 head garlic, minced
2 cups cooked chickpeas
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. Patak's Madras curry paste

I started off by just frying up the zucchini, onion, and garlic with the curry paste and oil. While that was  cooking until soft, I defrosted my spinach (and precooked chickpeas) in the microwave. Then just throw it all together, plop a lid on it, and let it cook for about 10 minutes on low.

Servings:            4
Calories:            374
Fat:                    17 g
Protein:              15 g
Cholesterol        0 mg
Sodium              876 mg
Potassium         311 mg
Carbs                 44 g
Fibre                  13 g
Sugar                 6 g
Iron                   24% DRV
Vitamin A:         16% DRV
Vitamin C:         34% DRV
Calcium:            12% DRV

No comments:

Post a Comment