An Indian Dinner for Two

Last night I had the guy I've been seeing for dinner. We've been going out for several weeks and he's always been a real gentleman with paying for our dates, so I wanted to make him a nice meal.
I settled on a curry supper and served aloo gobi, chana saag, a yogurt raita, rice, garlic "roti" (seasoned store-bought tortilla wraps...), mango chutney, and yogurt. For dessert, I served Chapman's mango frozen yogurt with a mango puree sauce, toasted coconut, and a frozen strawberry garnish. For wine, I went with a fruity Riesling- Gewurztraminer called "STRUT Well Heeled White"
 Chana saag (left) and raita (right)

 Aloo Gobi with tomato

 Dempster's soft tortillas which I seasoned by baking with garlic, oil, and cumin seed


The date went really well. Dan had never tried Indian food before but said it was really good. I'm already trying to think what I'll make next time I have him over for a nice dinner. Perhaps a nice leek soup with roasted root vegetables and a Nigella onion pie, paired with a pinot noir? Apple pie for dessert? Decisions, decisions.
Of course, I now have tons of leftovers which I'll be freezing and eating over the next couple weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment