Oatmeal On-the-Go Bars

Today as a procrastination tool, I did some baking. I've been looking for something fairly filling but low-calorie that I can grab in the morning before running out the door to my 8:30 classes. Last night, I stumbled across the "oatmeal on-the-go bars" recipe from Weelicious, and so I tried them out. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results and my roommates seem to be fans.


I used cranberries and pumpkin seeds for the fruit/nut portion and it's quite tasty. They're a bit bland, so I'm thinking I might play around with the recipe a bit. I'm thinking of either mashed banana or pumpkin instead of the applesauce and adding some extra spice with some ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.

In this incarnation, the bars are pretty filling and low-calorie. I added up the nutritional info and the bars are each:
Calories:              136
Protein:                5g
Fat:                      3g
Cholesterol:        12mg
Sodium:              32mg
Sugar:                 9g
Fibre:                  2g
Calcium:             3%
Vitamin A:         1%
Vitamin C:         0%
Iron:                   9% 

No comments:

Post a Comment